Pages

Saturday 30 August 2014

Sweat Pea

Now this is a one cute veggie. This is Sam. My first great-nephew.
 
I love this picture. It was a joy to create a layout to document this little Sweet Pea at four weeks old.
 
 
The sketch was one from the Paper Secrets August challenge, created by Kelly Holifield. The "Twist" in the challenge was to use items that would form the work "SWIM". It's not as easy as it sounds but I did it. 
S = string
W = wooden "Darling" embellishment
I = ink
M = multi-shot photo
 


I had a lot of fun embellishing this page. My biggest challenge was the wooden word. Just so you know....take it off very very slowly! Gluing it back together isn't all that easy. The string complemented the second matting behind the picture and the button was the perfect colour. The little kraft flowers were handmade and delicate. On two of them, the center bead was removed and replaced by a metal brad that matched the colour of the little animals on the paper ribbons.



No comments:

Post a Comment