Pages

Sunday 5 April 2015

Bloedel Conservatory

One of the unique places I visited in Vancouver was the Bloedel Conservatory.

When I arrived I found the inside of the Bloedel Conservatory to be quite tropical in nature. It's a domed building located in Queen Elizabeth Park atop the City of Vancouver’s highest point.  Queen Elizabeth Park will have to be another section in the album. It's so beautiful I couldn't just lump it in with the conservatory. They say there are more than 200 free-flying exotic birds and 500 exotic plants and flowers within a temperature-controlled environment.  I was so intrigued with some of the species of plants and birds that I ran out of time and just couldn't see them all. It was so special to be walking along the paths and have birds flying overhead. They would chirp and talk to you as you passed each of their little pieces of paradise. The first of my new-found feathered friends I'd like to showcase is "Rosie", an African parrot who had a lot to say. It was great fun listening to her repertoire of sentences and all the other silly noises she'd make in an effort to get your attention. She's certainly a very sociable and needy bird. :)


This is my 4th submission as a Design Team member for Stick it Down. I can't believe how fast my time with Stick it Down is passing.

This April single page sketch was a lot of fun to work with. You will also find April sketches for a double page layout and a card posted and ready for your creative talents.


I was so fortunate to have a great paper in my stash for the background. This map of the world allowed me to put Rosie, the African parrot, right beside the continent of her origin. It couldn't have worked out better if I'd planned it.
 
 
The journaling worked out perfectly for me too. Because I am doing a page for each six favourite birds, the suggestion for strips of journaled information was great. I chose the name and information about the origin of Rosie. I'll try to carry this through on the other 5 bird pages.
 
 
The colours of the paper layers and the washi tape really showed off Rosie's colouring.
 
 
Once I'd added the title I was done.
 
Which bird next I wonder?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment