Pages

Thursday 7 May 2015

Road Trip

Who doesn't love a road trip on a beautiful sunny day?

And it was a gorgeous day, that day I set out from Vancouver to Whistler. I made my route the 'Sea to Sky Highway", a.k.a. Highway 99.

It took a while to get to Whistler because I just couldn't pass even one 'Viewing Point'. They're located all along Highway 99. The views at each stop are stunning.

Since my layout was about my trip to Whistler I couldn't resist taking pictures of the highway itself. It was only after I printed them that I realized just what an expansive vista I was presented with come every bend in the road.


I used the double page sketch from Scrapmuch?. I eagerly await the 1st Friday of the month because I can't survive without double page sketches and those by Laura Whitaker somehow always manage to be so well suited for what I want to accomplish with my pictures, of which I always have too many. In this case I simply rotated my photos so they would fit well.

 
There will be three more sketches at Scrapmuch? this month. There's one each Friday. You should check it out as you have an opportunity to post your creation and win a prize in the random draw held after the month ends.
 
It was interesting to find that, when completed, I'd journaled throughout the layout without even putting pen to paper.
 
I found this great paper "The Rockies" and it tells pretty plainly that my road trip was into the Rockies. The photo of the 99 Highway North, "Sea to Sky Hwy" sign describes my route, and the Whistler Village sign depicted my destination.
 
 
For embellishments I used a BC 'Doo Dad' and the rest came from my Silhouette. I cut out a shape from an old map for under my title. In keeping with the theme I cut out some road signs. It all seemed to fit.
 
It was great to relive that drive. If you're ever in BC...


8 comments:

  1. Love this layout and all of the embellishing and the papers you used. Just perfect, wish I had the Rockies paper as I just finished some layouts from a trip thru the Colorado part of the rockies. Your layout is awesome. Thanks for joining the sketch challenge at Scrap Much?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page!! Last summer, my family and I travelled through Rockies, so gorgeous places to visit. I love the embellishments you did on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love all your themed accents! Thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous travel Layout Ronna! Love your embellishing! Thanks for playing along with ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun Ronna!! This is fabulous. Great paper too! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun page! Great job with the sketch and all the embellishing! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome double pagers! Love the mountains at the bottom! Just perfect for your pictures! Thank you for playing at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ronna you ROCKED this sketch and perfect paper choice - I love all the direction on this page
    Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete