Pages

Wednesday 29 October 2014

fireWORKS

Whose idea was it to give this man fireworks? Oh right...mine.

Well it seemed like a good idea until I saw the personality transformation once he got the box in his hot little hands. Then I saw the lighter come out. Yikes!

Once it got dark we really did have a nice show of fireworks. We did learn though that you do have to plant fireworks "firmly" in the ground or you get the odd runaway
rocket. :)


For this layout I used another sketch from Let's Get Sketchy. This one by Bev Code. The stars on the sketch drew me to my vacation fireworks photo.



I used a silhouette 'die cut' file for the fireworks. This was new for me.
First I cut the black. It had all the fireworks cut out.
Next came the pink which had only some fireworks cut out so it was what put pink behind some of the black cut outs. It also cut out some identical pieces to the black.
Those identical pieces are what showed green when I placed the third layer of paper, the lime green, on the back.

The embellishments and title were fun to do. I printed the tag with the sounds we heard that night using the 'Julyfireworks' font, and placed the red stars from my July 2014 Premium Scrapmuch? Kit into some of the cut out stars as well as topping off the tag with the kit's green flower button. I cut out a few yellow stars to add to the pink and green ones and then I was done.

8 comments:

  1. Ronna - this layout is STUNNING!! I love your colour choice [ PINK can make awesome masculine layouts!!] So FUN!!! Love love LOVE your take on the sketch
    Thank you for playing along with Let's Get Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing and fabulous page.. great take on my sketch..i love it.... thanks for playing along at LGS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic and colourful page, and a really great take on the sketch. Thank you for playing with us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing page and take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done, thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete