Pages

Monday 17 August 2015

Bridges

Bridges is a restaurant built on a pier on Granville Island.

It was amazing to sit at the edge of the pier, eating a very delicious hamburger and enjoying a glass of BC wine. Quail's Gate is my absolute favourite.

From Bridges, and how I think it got its name, I could see both the Granville Street and Burrard Street Bridges. As a bonus, my vantage point was perfect for watching the Little Blue Ferries come in from English Bay. I was also treated to a view of many a sailboat. Wow. Do they make some of those boats big.


The sketch for this layout is from Scrapmuch? and was designed by Laura Whitaker. The mixture of rectangular and circular elements worked perfectly with the triangles on my background paper.
 
As I try to compete my 2012 vacation album before I take my 2015 vacation, I'm grateful that Scrapmuch? has a sketch every Friday to help feed me the inspiration I need.

 
It didn't take much by way of embellishments but the treasures I found in my mishmash of embellies were just the ticket.

 
For my next page I think I'll use the new sketch at Stuck?! Check it out.
 

8 comments:

  1. Super fun take on the sketch, love your accents! Nice to see you playing along with ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch Ronna!! I love how you used the black accents to pull out bits of your pictures. Love it!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous vacation layout Ronna! Love the picture and your story! Thanks for playing along with ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch. Great photo and memories to scrap! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take on the sketch!! Love those wheels and the frame strip to the right. Fab embellish too!!! Great job! Thanks for playing with us at ScrapMuch? Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Layout Ronna! I enjoy seeing your journey on the pages and also love looking at what you did on your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun layout. The embellishments are perfect. Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Scrap Much?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Ronna, LOVE this and all your embellishing - filmstrips are so FUN!!
    Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete